Ginger Wiseman is one of the co-hosts (with her sister) Summer Reynolds, of The Outlander Podcast. She has a great story of how her love of the books and then the series, and a passion for Scotland, led them to create a podcast for fans. I always have a great deal of fun learning about how my guests found their creative niche. Today is no exception.
More in this episode
● We learn about Ginger’s story and what got her and her sister, Summer into hosting two podcasts.
● How the two sisters connected over literature through the years and how that strengthened their love of the written word in multiple languages.
● She discusses her love of the Outlander series and the events that led to the creation of their fandom podcast.
● Ginger shared what led her and her sister to create The All Souls Podcast and how that helped them broaden their horizons with fans, friends, and travel.
● She shares how she was able to get involved with ComicCon working in press and the benefits that have helped her grow her shows and gain more visibility.
● Ginger shared more about The All Souls Con event and that she follows the book releases and shows coming out with the international networks.
● The sisters planned for the long haul as the main character had not yet been cast.
● Ginger shares how she was able to plan out the podcast episodes in alignment with the books and episodes for content.
● She noticed early on that there was a random invitation to join for an after-show. She felt that guests found more value when they did a live video in their private FB group after-show right after the episode ends.
● Having a sponsor never changed their content, schedule or format.
● She felt empowered to have a podcast through her exploration of what other podcast hosts were offering and her love of the dramatic arts growing up.
● She shares her journey with her sister to Scotland and how they created a group experience trip they do yearly.
Ginger says, “While everyone has their own talents or abilities that they’ve honed, whatever it is that you feel, even if you’re not doing it professionally, whatever it is that you feel is a great outlet for you creatively.[SIC] Being creative must be intentional. It’s important if you are creative that you have to make time for those things. It is needed and a very important part of life.”
Outlander Book Series
All Souls Book Series
Today’s podcast has a fascinating guest, Jonathan Fong. From plans for kid’s projects to ideas for sophisticated weddings, Jonathan just shines! Home decorating, crafting, and entertainment are not the only things he knows about, but he also has a unique gift to teach us how to master his creative visions. I love that Jonathan always dresses impeccably and adds unique touches to his ensemble. His approach proves that men’s fashions can be both original and very dapper.
In this conversation, you’ll learn more about the innovative Jonathan Fong and his “creative approach.”
More in this episode
- What Jonathan is doing on a daily basis and how he inspires others.
- Jonathan didn’t really become a designer until later on in life and shares where he started out before he got to this point in his journey.
- He discusses his career beginnings and the struggles he had when he experienced “left brain, right brain conflict” where he was trying to be creative in a non-creative field.
- Jonathan was encouraged that if he “had huge creative tendencies to explore them!”
- How his creative exploration led him to greater opportunities such as being on HGTV, writing books, creating a business and his own show on YouTube
- The value of creating your own content on YouTube and what that can lead to.
- How working with Disney and teaching on kid’s crafts helped him gain a wider audience to infuse creativity in the lives of millions.
- We discussed his exploration of infusing his creativity into his cooking as well.
- Who influenced Jonathan to embrace his creativity throughout his life.
- How his fun and playful attitude has helped people make their art more personal.
- Craft books on the horizon may include more Jewish Crafts and Dog and Cat Crafts.
- Jonathan feels that creativity is one of the most important things in this world. He says, “that for us creative folks, or for people that want to be creative, it’s our duty to create because creativity is the opposite of destruction. There is so much destruction in the world and so much of the world is geared towards destruction, both physical and spiritual. However you create, whether it’s through crafting or cooking or building or painting or singing – however you express yourself to create or make something – that counteracts the destruction. We can change the world by creating.”
Jonathan on Facebook
Youtube: Style with A Smile
Books on Amazon: Walls That Wow, Flowers That Wow, Parties That Wow
CHA (The Craft & Hobby Association, now known as The Association For Creative Industries)
E-how for more on creating a fun party, cooking, crafts, and more.
Jewish Film Festival in Sacramento