Has anyone ever tried to limit your creativity? Have you been criticized for “jumping from one thing to another”? My guest today is proof that varied interests and endeavors can enrich and enhance your innate creativity. Don’t be afraid to let your creative efforts flow in different directions!
Margot Potter is three notches too loud, five notches too sparkly, and is aging disgracefully. She’s either a Renaissance woman or a “Jill of All Trades,” depending on which day you ask her. She’s a woman of diverse interests and talents who is a jewelry-maker and designer, author, actor, singer and has entertained in bands, in theater, and on television. Her colorful personality goes far beyond her bright pink hair! It’s always a delight to speak with Margot and hear her lively, intelligent, and occasionally provocative opinions. Join me to hear more about Margot and her creative life!
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- Margot’s background in theater, her acting and musical career, and her time at QVC
- Margot’s books about jewelry-making and design, branding, and her upcoming book about life after 50
- Margot’s life outside of crafting and her weekly live Facebook event, The Lady Party
- The influences in Margot’s life: “finding joy in creativity”
- How everything around us is connected to art and music
- How nurturing teachers helped develop Margot’s creativity
- How reading everything as a kid led to endless interest and endless inspiration
- Find your spark and go with it!
- How a new direction for Margot unlocked what was already there
- Margot’s guiding force and mission: to arm people with the best products and techniques for discovering their own creativity
Find Margot on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter: Margot Potter
Find Margot on Snapchat: the margot potter
Find Margot Potter’s books on Amazon