What does it take to run a successful creative business? Crafters and Artists have a unique set of challenges to face once we decide to turn our hobbies and passions into something profitable. Of course, there’s the dreaded Imposter Syndrome. For some, it might be a challenge to monetize their creativity. Marketing to reach an audience can also be a struggle for many. It looks like we might need a Creative Approach to solving some common business problems. I cannot think of anyone more creative than Jennifer Priest, my guest today.
Jennifer’s love of the arts started with scrapbooking but has since bloomed into a love of all crafts. She’s been doing online business for many years, but she started out as a teacher. Jennifer never thought she’d quit her 9-5 job and pursue her creative passions as a career, but when she was let go, that decision was made for her. She hasn’t turned back since! Now, Jennifer helps other creative business owners and entrepreneurs strategize their efforts and reach their audiences through social media. Jennifer is going to share with us today how you can utilize online tools like Live Video to promote your business and put some of those fears at ease. You will leave this conversation ready to step out and take action!
- Jennifer shares how she has collected crafts over the years.
- Translating creative approaches into an industry like marketing.
- Problems many people have in promoting creativity.
- Jennifer shares her upcoming teaching course #Pro.
- Coming from a creative family influenced Jennifer’s pursuit of a creative career.
- Being fired allowed Jennifer to have a Creative Entrepreneurial career.
- Efficiency and organization on your best friends.
- Learn the #1 Way to Be Organized.
- The huge social benefits of joining into the crafting community.
- Jennifer loves private coaching and consulting!
- Our suggestions for Social Media Role Models.
- Going Live is easy and profitable.
Check out Jennifer at all of her Online Homes!
Smart Creative Social
Smart Fun Diy
Register for the Hashtag Pro course!
One of the best things about art and design is its playfulness. Have you ever stopped to see your latest project as a playground? Maybe you are like so many of us and you caught up in chronological order, the perfect edges, and the ideal composition? Take a breath, take a step back, and let my guest Anna Aspnes show you a thing or two about how to have fun with your work.
Anna is a self-proclaimed creator of Digital Artistry, a style that blends traditional paper craft and scrapbooking elements with the unlimited potential of digital art. Anna is passionate about capturing memories through storytelling with a point of view entirely her own. As an Army Wife always on the move and living so far away from her native England, Anna started using Digital Artistry as a way to capture memories her growing family. Over time, she developed templates and teaching modules to help you bring her flavor of Digital Artistry into your favorite stories. With just a little knowledge of Photoshop, Anna can help you take personal memories into a playful space where you can express yourself. I am excited to bring to you today her design process and emphasis on genuine creative passion. Allow yourself some Artplay today!
- Anna shares her design process with me.
- How Anna’s Digital Artistry has transformed over time.
- Teaching others how to master the concepts of Digital Artistry, including Photoshop.
- Anna is an advocate for Artplay; no perfectionism here.
- A bit of photography advice.
- The unsung power of capturing memories in a scrapbook.
- Fighting the sense of obligation by choosing projects that bring you joy.
- How Anna’s Military upbringing and marriage shaped her career in artistry.
Anna Aspnes creates DigitalART for people who want to create dynamic and effortless art.
Her passion is to help you commemorate and honor your life by helping you to flex your creative muscles in a way that is both unique and truly exhilarating.
Before she could walk, Anna spent endless hours at a coffee table intent on creating magic with a crayon in hand. Today, she shares this same magic at a different table by creating sophisticated contemporary DigitalART designed to be used by creatives and non-creatives alike.
Anna Aspnes offers digital art elements, mentorship, and education support through more than a decade of experience in modern memory keeping and DigitalART creation. As a pioneer in this industry, she breaks the rules and provides a unique approach to story-telling.
Anna is British native living in Colorado with her husband, 2 children, and dogs, enjoying the outdoors whenever possible.
A Creative Approach Podcast on Facebook:
Anna Aspnes Designs
Find Anna’s designs at Oscraps
Thanks to our Patreon Members for their support of the show!