39: Doctors Who Create with Vidya Viswanathan
It is always a joy to see creativity bloom where you least expect it. I am speaking with student physician Vidya Viswanathan today, the founder of Doctors Who Create. Vidya and her team are on a mission to change the culture of medicine by fostering creativity. It is such a delight to see colleagues in medicine with an interest in creativity.
Vidya had the chance not just to explore how creativity plays an important role in medicine but also how her experiences of travel and foreign language have shaped her career as well. There is so much beauty in hearing a story shared well, and that is what is in store for you with Vidya today! Her perspectives are very unlike any we have had on the show so far, but her stories still have a little something for everyone. I am excited for you to join us as we explore Vidya’s journey to creativity and culture.
More Creativity in this Episode:
- Vidya shares her roundabout path to medicine and her biggest cultural influences.
- Medicine needs the influence of creativity too!
- Vidya wants to highlight the profiles of medical professionals who use creativity.
- Vidya shares what gave her blog some focus.
- The broader appeal of Doctors Who Create.
- Vidya’s parents encouraged her to read and write and express herself through words.
- Taking Chinese played an important role in Vidya’s creativity.
- Dive into some of Vidya’s best experiences while traveling in China.
- Focus on the process, not the result.